The authorisation form is a document that allows the property to charge a credit card without having it at hand. Since the card is not in the name of the guest, an authorisation form is needed. By integrating AirPlus in your Booking.com for Business tool, an authorisation form is automatically generated and is attached to the reservation and sent to the property. Even though the property receives a copy of the form with the reservation confirmation, we recommend that the guests carry a copy of the form to show at the property.
Other articles in Airplus
- How does AirPlus work in the business account?
- What do AirPlus DBI fields do? How do I set them up?
- When does the property charge my AirPlus card?
- Does Booking.com provide invoicing with itemisation of AirPlus payments?
- What is AirPlus?
- What is the authorisation form and why do I need it?
- Do I need to have an account on AirPlus to set it up on Booking.com for Business?
- How do I integrate my AirPlus account with Booking.com for Business?